My Professional Learning Network
A Professional Learning Network, or PLN, is defined as "a connected group of learners who collaborate and share to obtain inspiration, ideas, and trade best practices." The purpose of this connected group of learners is to help increase efficiency of information shared between teachers so that teachers have easier access to necessary resources. Through this, teachers can stay up-to-date on different educational practices. This also allows teachers to network globally, and expand their community of learning to a significantly larger chunk of participants. Through my PLN, I hope to gain unique perspectives from other foreign language teachers. More specifically, I am a nonnative Spanish speaker going into a teaching job where I will have students who are native Spanish speakers, and I want to have a lot of resources for navegating those kinds of situations. One way that I plan to grow my PLN is through using Twitter. I want to make an account separate from my personal Twitter through which I can stay connected to other teaching professionals. I think twitter is an awesome tool that helps this kind of information remain relevant.
Comments
Post a Comment